Thursday, July 15, 2010

Announcing the 2010 I Screen You Screen Alternative Emmys

Look folks, I've been thinking a lot about last week's Emmy nominations, and, frankly, I'm still conflicting. Sure, there were a lot of great nominations I never thought I'd see (hello Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton!). But there were also many snubs. I mean, Mariska Hargitay gets nominated over Katey Sagal of "Sons of Anarchy" and Anna Gunn of "Breaking Bad" (the latter of whom had her best season to date)? Jon Cryer getting another nod for "Two and a Half Men" while Ed O'Neill's awesome work on "Modern Family" goes unheralded? Clearly, this will not do. So, I've created my own list of nominees in each of the main categories. Some choices are my own personal favorites; some were culled from lists of snubs I've seen mentioned by other writers and fans.
But all are shows and performances that have captured the heart of many people...none of whom, apparently, belong to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Just click here and cast your votes. Your favorites not there? Write in your choices below! I'll announcing the winners in mid-August, a couple of weeks before the "real" awards come out. So be sure to vote, and invite your friends!

1 comment:

the kevin scurry blog said...

I wish I had seen more of the entries... I was forced to vote blind in a few cases.