Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FX announces premiere dates


Many media outlets, including the Los Angeles Times' TV blog and E!Online, are reporting that FX has announced premiere dates for several of its fall shows. According to these sites, the biker drama "Sons of Anarchy" returns Sept. 8 at 10 p.m. and the dark sitcom "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" comes back on Sept. 17 at 10 p.m. The plastic surgery drama "Nip/Tuck" will return for its penultimate season at an unnamed date in October.
Of these, I'm most excited about the return of "Sunny," which might be my favorite comedy on TV. Yes, I love "30 Rock," but even that fine show can't touch the brilliance that is "The Night Man Cometh," (see above photo) or any incarnation of "Sunny's" "Day Man/Night Man" musical offerings. The show's fourth season wasn't as good as previous installments, but even subpar "Sunny" is better than 90 percent of current sitcoms.
As for the other two I, unfortunately, haven't seen "Sons of Anarchy" yet, but have all the first season episodes and hope to watch them before season two premieres.
And "Nip/Tuck," ironically, has aged poorly, but I'm still watching it -- mainly because my husband won't let me give it up. For this reason, I'm glad it's slowly, but surely, coming to an end. I'll just stick it out, making the most of the aspects of the show I still enjoy (like the fine acting by Julian McMahon, Dylan Walsh and Roma Maffia).
Meanwhile, "Sunny" is coming back! Greenman in the house!

No comments: