Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some brief words about "Flight of the Conchords," season two

The second season of HBO's cheekily absurd musical comedy "Flight of the Conchords" premieres tonight. And I could use this space to write a big long preview. I could go on about how, though the comedy in the show's second season is as good as ever, its parody songs aren't quite as strong as those in season one. I could bore you with details about the episodes I've seen so far, such as the one where Jemaine (Jemaine Clement) and Bret (Bret McKenzie) are plunged into economic strife when Bret buys a new teacup (previously, they only had one that they were required to share, thus making it impossible for them to both drink tea at the same time).
I could talk about guest appearances by the likes of Alan "Charles Widmore" Dale or Seymour Cassel. I could talk about the one excellent song in the preview episodes, the Black Eyed Peas-aping "Sugar Lumps."
I could do all that. Or I could post a video of the "Albi the Racist Dragon" song from season one.
And wouldn't you prefer that?

The second season of "Flight of the Conchords" premieres today at 10 p.m. on HBO.

No comments: